Understanding and embracing your mixed background is rewarding, but the journey can be frustrating and often downright confusing. We asked our community what it means to be mixed. Here's what they had to say:
1. It means all of the feels...
2. It means recognizing the opportunity you've been given.
3. It means embracing your unique perspective.
4. It means having mixed feelings.
5. It means explaining...a lot of explaining.
6. It means navigating other peoples' perceptions of you.
7. It means learning how & when to use your voice.
8. It means embracing both the good & the bad.
9. It means loving ALL of you!
Written by Ruby Herrera