Here are some tips to help you keep your Mixed Millennial jewelry looking as fresh as the day you bought it!
DAY TO DAY CARE
1. We recommend that you store your jewelry in the original Mixed Millennial packaging or a soft pouch to avoid scratches.
2. Always remove your jewelry before washing hands, swimming, exercising, going in the ocean, bathing and/or applying products (like perfume, hairspray, soap or lotion), as this could harm the silver and reduce the life of the gold finish.
3. Avoid contact (like knocking against objects) that can scratch the silver or chip the gold finish.
If not cared for properly, even high-end 925 sterling silver jewelry can appear a little discolored or dirty over time. This occurs when oxygen or sulfur makes contact with silver, which can tarnish its luster. If you want to clean your Mixed Millennial jewelry, we recommend these steps:
- Polishing: polishing is a great way to ensure your Mixed Millennial jewelry continues to look good as new! We recommend using a microfiber or non-abrasive cloth. Do not use paper towels or tissues to polish your jewelry as they contain fibers that can scratch the silver.
2. Soap & Water: sometimes polishing isn't enough to clean your 925 sterling silver. Soap and warm water is a classic cleaning method, and should be your first line of defense if a polishing fails to remove tarnish. Combine warm water with a mild, phosphate-free dishwashing soap. Use a soft cloth and make sure to fully dry the piece before wearing.